Thursday, May 19, 2016

Pure Country


Keeping up with Musical Birthday, today (May 18th) is the birthday of a 'Pure Country' singer. 'Pure Country' is actually the name of his debut movie. The birthday boy is George Strait, popularly known as 'King of Country', who is among the most influential and popular recording artists of all time. 


'I Cross My Heart' from the soundtrack of 'Pure Country'. Well 25 years ago today, there was another 'crossing of hearts' at the engagement gathering of the best 'country guitarist' that I personally know. I was there because it was a celebration in the family - the engagement of my eldest sister to this quite shy and definitely humble musician. The new musician in the family was a cool guitarist who tuned my ear to listen and appreciate country music better, while introducing me to some of the best country music, I would never have heard otherwise.

My 'only' musical brother-in-law has just added a feather in his 'country' hat - a musical next generation that riding high on the Auckland Country Music scene. In the recent Auckland Country Music Awards, my eldest nephew, Keith Pereira won the Male Vocal and the Instrumental categories...


And as one thing leads to another... a news update... 
 

a TV interview... Rockin' The Planet with Shane Hales (along with another talented youngster, Kylie Austin)


a charity concert performance at Te Puke Country Annual Fundraiser...


And its only just begun...

Keep it up, Keith... We're proud of you...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs