Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Parents Day and Musical Parents

While it is still yesterday in some parts of the world, I thought I'd quickly squeeze in this post relating to parents. 

Besides being Parents Day yesterday, it was the 88th birthday of a #MusicalParent 

Joe Jackson

Joe Jackson, possibly best known as the father of Michael Jackson, introduced his children to music and managed their talent promoting them as The Jackson Five comprising of Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon and Michael. They made history in 1970 as the first recording act to have their first four singles to reach No.1 on the Billboard Hot 100. Just listen to the songs and you will know why...

ABC


I Want You Back

The Love You Save


I'll Be There


Since my earliest posts I've been commenting about the inspiration that my own dad has been in nurturing my musical talent and that of the rest of the family. Everyday I come across parents encouraging their children towards music - to sing or take up instruments. And it only reminds me that I would not even be on stage without the influence of Dad and encouragement of Mum. In my own turn, I'm lucky to be blessed with two talented sons who always step up to the opportunity to learn something new and explore new avenues of music. 

  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs