Thursday, October 13, 2016

Eyes Wide Open...



A 24 year old boy seeing out from the train's window shouted 
"Dad, look the trees are going behind!"

Dad smiled and a young couple sitting nearby, 
looked at the 24 year old's childish behavior with pity.

Suddenly he again exclaimed "Dad, look the clouds are running with us!"


The couple couldn't resist and said to the old man 
"Why don't you take your son to a good doctor?"

The old man smiled and said "
I did and we are just coming from the hospital, 
my son was blind from birth, he just got his eyes today..."


I've come across the story above on Facebook, Whatsapp and other shares by friends. But today seemed to be the perfect day to share it.... On World Sight Day. 


Observed on the second Thursday of October, the World Sight Day is a day to celebrate the sense of sight that we've been endowed with. And to make the right use of this gift to see Visions of Love.


While we step up the war against physical blindness with regular testing, healthy diet - especially for diabetics, we also need help from above to ward off spiritual blindness. Open the Eyes of My Heart.

   

It's nearing midnight where I am, and I need to go and close my eyes and get some sleep. And get up to a brighter world tomorrow morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs