Wednesday, November 16, 2016

DK not from NY

If you've been following this blog, you'd know by now that I am quite the Jazz enthusiast... which has resulted in possibly the most represented genre on this blog. 

I've been a bit infrequent on the blog over the past few weeks due to time constraints...  but when I saw one of my favorite Jazz Singers on the #MusicalBirthday list today, I couldn't resist the Temptation (included in JAZZ IT UP.... International Jazz Day)


Diana Krall, the Canadian singer (with beautiful contralto vocals) and pianist is among the leading jazz artistes of today. Recognized by Billboard magazine as the #2 Jazz artist for the decade 2000 - 2009, Diana has teamed up with hubby Elvis Costello and country superstar Willie Nelson on this version of Crazy.


Diana Krall has appeared in Spectacle: Elvis Costello with... - and performed with the legendary Tony Bennett with whom she's toured. Included a song by this lovely jazzy duet in my post celebrating Tony's 90th birthday - The Best Is Yet To Come. Right now - I've Got The World On A String.


Got very few words to describe her lovely music - she possibly can do it better than I could - in the words of Gershwin - S' Wonderful.



That's all the words I have today for you... but here are a couple of my favorite songs (that I love to sing myself as well) in the delightful voice of Diana Krall.

Just The Way You Are


Besame Moucho




Christmas is a little over a month away. In a few days time, we'll be saying Christmas Time Is Here.


Hope you enjoyed that music. Will be back with more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs