Friday, January 20, 2017

Good Feeling.... At Last

Aw... Sometimes I get a good feeling... 

I get a feeling that I never never never had before...

Heard those lyrics before... Sure you have if you love Flo Rida...

But that line comes from a 1962 hit for Etta James - Something's Got A Hold On Me...


Five songs on this post to remember this versatile singer with a powerful voice... who left us for her heavenly home, five years ago today... Swing Low, Sweet Chariot.


Highly acclaimed, the celebrated producer Jerry Wexler once called her "the greatest of all modern blues singers". Check this out... It's A Man's Man's World 


Soul, blues, jazz, pop—put it in front of her, and she could sing it- even Rock n Roll Music.


Was lucky to find that live performance with Chuck Berry to celebrate Chuck's 60th birthday. He's 90 now...

"My mother always told me, even if a song has been done a thousand times, you can still bring something of your own to it. I'd like to think I did that." - Etta James

And the last song for this post is a true tribute to this great singer. Has been performed by Beyonce as a tribute to the legend Etta James.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs